Over the past several decades, medical research has led to increased understanding of mood disorders such as anxiety and depression, and this greater awareness has led to effective treatments that can help millions of men and women lead happier, more fulfilling lives. However , regardless of these advances, many men and women still suffer from the effects of anxiety, frequently because they do not realize that they have a treatable condition, or because they are too ashamed or embarrassed to seek help. One of the ways that anxiety affects men especially concerns their ability to perform completely in the bedroom. This problem can have a serious impact on their sexual health.
Just how anxiety affects male sexual performance
1) Physical and mental overload – anxiety affects the emotions, of course , but it can also have profound bodily effects. As the brain focuses on coping with the anxiety itself, most of its resources are concentrated on this work, and functions that are not life-sustaining are bypassed. This means that responses like sexual attraction are sidelined till the anxiety subsides.
2) Negative thoughts and emotions – anxiety comes with an onslaught of negative thoughts and feelings that may overwhelm any positive emotions such as feelings of sensuality and attraction.
3) Distracted thoughts – intercourse requires a certain amount of focus, and as anyone who has dealt with anxiety is aware, the particular racing thoughts and difficulty focusing that come with the territory can make centering the attention on a partner extremely hard.
4) Stress hormones – once the body is under stress, as it is when experiencing symptoms of anxiety, it produces increased levels of stress hormones such as cortisol. Elevated cortisol levels are associated with decreased levels of testosterone, which leads to a reduced sex drive and impaired ability to perform.
Managing anxiety symptoms
The initial step in dealing with anxiety can be the most difficult, because many people who are affected truly think that nothing can make them feel better or even that they are somehow “broken” and will not be able to heal. This belief is usually typical, and it is part of the negative way of thinking that is caused by the disorder itself, so it is essential that men take those initial step to seek medical treatment. Anxiety can generally be managed via a regimen of medications, counseling treatment and exercise – in fact , physical exercise alone is often enough to diminish the outward symptoms if it is done regularly. Herbal remedies as well as other alternative treatments such as yoga, acupuncture and hypnosis may also help.
Coping with the sexual effects of anxiety
Dealing with the sexual side effects is one important aspect of breaking free of anxiety, and in addition towards the treatments mentioned above, the following steps can also be beneficial.
– Spend non-sexual close time. Spending one-on-one time with someone without the expectation of sex is an extremely effective way of bonding with a partner without the pressure of having to perform.
In case you have virtually any inquiries about wherever and how you can make use of mãnh hổ vương, you’ll be able to email us on our website.
Cuddling during sex or simply watching a movie together can increase intimacy and stimulate the production of “feel-good” chemicals in the human brain.
– Make intimate time enjoyable time. Rather than trying to be deeply romantic and seductive, try to look at intimacy as a light-hearted and enjoyable encounter. A man can learn to giggle at himself a bit, especially when things don’t go as planned. This way, sex becomes less of a functionality and more like play, relieving the particular pressure of having to perform to a self-imposed standard.
– Engage in a little TLC. Women do it, and there is no reason men can’t enjoy a little me-time as well. Make time to relax; enjoy a cozy shower or bath and listen to enjoyable music. Get a haircut, cut the nails – even a little manscaping can make a guy feel fresh new and attractive. Applying a penis health crème (health professionals suggest Man1 Man Oil) can also add a boost of self-confidence by enhancing the sensitivity and appearance of the pennis skin; feeling confident in their appearance can be a big help when it comes to reducing anxiety in the bedroom and beyond.